Analyze, Implement and Manage Your Corporate Information
With the explosion of content, data and ease of access, the need to have a clearly defined process and strategy to managing corporate information is a no longer a “nice to have” but rather a “must have”.
How We Help
Best Practices – Policies & Procedures
By assessing your current records management processes, guidelines and policies & conducting a GARP (Generally Accepted Recordkeeping Practices) analysis, we can
- Benchmark your information governance against industry standards
- Provide expert advice on how to mitigate information risk, establish goals to ensure your organization complies with all statutory obligations
- Create effective records management strategies such as version control, improve information find-ability
- Implement best practices for every stage of the records life cycle – from creation to destruction
- Develop a vital business records protocol to allow for business continuity during unexpected or catastrophic events
Records Inventory Validation
Records and records keeping are vital to any organization. If you are sending records offsite for storage, how do you ensure you can retrieve the right records if needed, and how do you make sure that they are disposed of at the right time, and how to maintain an audit trail?
Our records inventory validation process benchmarks your existing records, the strength of your metadata and your adherence to industry standards.
Mitigating Records Management Risks
Records used to mean paper in a file. Now “records” encompass paper documents, scanned or electronic versions, voice mail, text and email. Safeguarding personal information and data from breach or unauthorized use has become critical, and legislation has been enacted at industry and government levels to prescribe requirements for the preservation of data integrity and to minimize data and records management risk.
From auditing your current state to benchmarking against industry best practices to implementation, we are there every step of the way ensuring your organization is compliant. We will bring your governance protocol into line while suggesting intermediate plans that can be implemented immediately to mitigate records management risk
Data Management & Ease of Use
While technology can make work easier, it generates a lot of data that needs to be managed and can also make it harder to sort through and find what you want.
If your company is considering moving to electronic records, document or content management systems, we can help you around this often overlooked element of success.
We can determine which solution and system components meet your business environment needs, source vendor and prepare RFP’s.
We will conduct a SWOT analysis to identify your staff resources, level of skill and identify any strengths and weaknesses.
We will build a realistic implementation plan that:
- Identifies resource requirements
- Reports on progress
- Identifies problems and solutions in time to fix them
- Provide a detailed transition plan so your team can continue to support the system on an ongoing basis
To illustrate the ongoing value, we will establish success metrics and data integrity tests to locate weaknesses and solve problems before they happen.
Training & Collaboration
Do you have staff in several locations or work remotely? Do they understand the risks and importance of safeguarding records and information?
How do they maintain records, version and data integrity when there may be several versions of the same document saved to various hard drives around the organization?
We can train your staff in the procedures to ensure consistent understanding of the roles and risks & how to use systems like SharePoint or other electronic document management systems that allow for collaboration of a document while maintaining version integrity and tracking changes.
- Records management best practices that are industry recognized.
- Improved records control processes that enable ease of access while ensuring that security and data integrity is maintained.
- Governance measures that provide end to end workflow continuity through the record life cycle from creation to disposition or destruction.